The only way to know if you have high blood pressure (HBP, or hypertension) is to have your blood pressure tested. Understanding your results is key to controlling high blood pressure.
To get an accurate result, we must recommend you to use Fidelis Healthcare Digital Blood Pressure Monitor, which works with One Touch Operations.
|BLOOD PRESSURE CATEGORY||SYSTOLIC mm Hg (upper number)||and/or||DIASTOLIC mm Hg (lower number)|
|NORMAL||LESS THAN 120||and||LESS THAN 80|
|ELEVATED||120 – 129||and||LESS THAN 80|
|HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE (HYPERTENSION) STAGE 1||130 – 139||or||80 – 89|
|HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE (HYPERTENSION) STAGE 2||140 OR HIGHER||or||90 OR HIGHER|
|HYPERTENSIVE CRISIS (consult your doctor immediately)||HIGHER THAN 180||and/or||HIGHER THAN 120|
There are 5 Tips to take Accurate Blood pressure readings:
- Find a quiet place to rest for 5-15 minutes before takeing your measurement.
- Sit in a chair with your back straight and palm facing upward
- Place your feet flat on the floor , do not cross.
- Use a Good Quality Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apply the cuff directly on your upper arm, it should be snug. but not too tight
- Rest your arm on a table or surface so the cuff is at heart level